Sunday, September 11, 2011

Everyone has a similar story.

There is a certain comradery that I have noticed does not exist in the mid-west like people in the northeast have, and particularly in New York.  I don't really talk about being raised in Queens that often, because where I'm from, it's really no big deal.  Everyone has a similar story.
My family was lucky enough to not to loose anyone on September 11, 2001.  I don't know how we didn't, with everyone we loved in New York working in Manhattan.
There was always a silent understanding between everyone I knew on the east coast that you just don't bad mouth that day.  You just don't.  It's rude, uncalled for, and completely unnecessary.  I don't know if I just don't hang out with the right people or what, but the midwest lacks that, and it hurts my heart.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin