It's fun to think up, fun to make, and fun to eat.
Passing through Chicago (perhaps a few times too many) inspired this one.
Meet my newest tiny recipe: Mini Deep Dish Pizza!
Shut your mouth, you say? Oh no, I will not!
Pizza Dough Recipe my great grandmother would probably kill me for:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1/2 table spoons yeast (or 1 package)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 crushed red pepper
- 1/2 chilli powder
- 1/4 cup warm water, to put the yeast into
- an additional 1 cup of water to add to the dry mixture
- Add yeast to 1/4 cup warm water, allow to sit for 5 mins.
- While you're waiting on the yeast, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Make well in dry ingredients and add the 1/4 cup water with yeast added, then an additional cup of water.
- Knead, then let sit for at least an hour in a warm place. I always put a towel over my rising dough for added moisture.
- Knead again, and you're ready to rumble.
Mini Deep Dish Pizza Recipe (with pictures):
- Preheat oven to 400*F,
- Grease a large muffin tin with olive oil.
- Divide dough and roll out each section individually for each tiny pizza. Place each tiny pizza crust into where a muffin or cupcake would usually go within the tin.
- Pour your sauce of choice into each mini pizza. (Jason usually chooses pesto or alfredo sauce for pizza sauce, so he made some as his contribution to the meal!) I put about a serving spoons amount in each mini pizza.
- Chop up your veggies (onions, mushrooms, and spinach! YUM!!)
- Add healthy portions in for the toppings to fill those bad boys right up. I chose to put my veggies in first to get as much healthy food in as possible.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of your pizza (Again, untraditional, but I'm pushing the veggies first here!!!) I used mozzarella and feta.
- Bake for 15-20 mins.
- Remove from oven.