Sunday, August 9, 2009

Mini Deep Dish Pizza

I love tiny food.
It's fun to think up, fun to make, and fun to eat.

Passing through Chicago (perhaps a few times too many) inspired this one.

Meet my newest tiny recipe: Mini Deep Dish Pizza!
Shut your mouth, you say? Oh no, I will not!


Pizza Dough Recipe my great grandmother would probably kill me for:
  1. 3 cups flour
  2. 2 1/2 table spoons yeast (or 1 package)
  3. 1 tsp salt
  4. 1 tsp garlic powder
  5. 1/2 crushed red pepper
  6. 1/2 chilli powder
  7. 1/4 cup warm water, to put the yeast into
  8. an additional 1 cup of water to add to the dry mixture
Directions:
  1. Add yeast to 1/4 cup warm water, allow to sit for 5 mins.
  2. While you're waiting on the yeast, mix the dry ingredients together.
  3. Make well in dry ingredients and add the 1/4 cup water with yeast added, then an additional cup of water.
  4. Knead, then let sit for at least an hour in a warm place. I always put a towel over my rising dough for added moisture.
  5. Knead again, and you're ready to rumble.



Mini Deep Dish Pizza Recipe (with pictures):
  1. Preheat oven to 400*F,
  2. Grease a large muffin tin with olive oil.
  3. Divide dough and roll out each section individually for each tiny pizza. Place each tiny pizza crust into where a muffin or cupcake would usually go within the tin.
  4. Pour your sauce of choice into each mini pizza. (Jason usually chooses pesto or alfredo sauce for pizza sauce, so he made some as his contribution to the meal!) I put about a serving spoons amount in each mini pizza.
  5. Chop up your veggies (onions, mushrooms, and spinach! YUM!!)
  6. Add healthy portions in for the toppings to fill those bad boys right up. I chose to put my veggies in first to get as much healthy food in as possible.
  7. Sprinkle cheese on top of your pizza (Again, untraditional, but I'm pushing the veggies first here!!!) I used mozzarella and feta.
  8. Bake for 15-20 mins.
  9. Remove from oven.
  10. Enjoy!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin