Monday, August 17, 2009

Trailmix Cooks.

This is an extremely simple recipe that is a variation of my Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies that I posted in late spring of this year.
My Trailmix cookie recipe is perfect for late summer when everyone is pushing in their last camping adventures and picnics with friends.
It's a hardy cookie, packed with oats, dried berries, nuts, and chocolate.
What could be better, right?
Peanut butter.
That's the answer.
And that's why I put it in these bad boys.


Trailmix Cookies!
Yum!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup butter (room temp)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup light brown sugar (lightly packed!)
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 cups quick oats
  • 1 1/2 cup trailmix (I used Country Trailmix. The mostly peanut kind, because it's what I had in the house.)
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tbl vanilla
  • 1 tbl natural peanut butter
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tbls milk (I used soy milk)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
  2. Cream butter in mixing bowl. Add the rest of those ingredients and mix them up, baby!
  3. Place the dough in the fridge to chill for about a half hour (or however long you can keep yourself from sneaking nibbles of cookie dough, in my case...)
  4. Take a tablepoon to scoop out the dough, and help to shape it with another tablespoon.
  5. Place the shaped cookie dough on baking sheets.
  6. Bake for 11-13 mins (or more if your cookies are extra large!)
  7. Take those babies out to cool (I always take them out a little early and allow them to keep cooking on the baking sheets for a bit.)
  8. Enjoy!



Also, get ready for the giveaway!
It's coming up this week!!!

2 comments:

Tin Marin said...

Well this just makes me want to go to Devil's Lake again, and this time, ALLL day, no stinkin' teensy visit! And of course everyone will eat cookies all day long while we're there, we'll sing and be QUITE merry! YAY FOR CONNIE COOKIES!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These sound wonderful! I'll try them!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin