Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dear Dad,

My dad (right) and his best friend Paul (left), a photobooth in NYC, early-mid 1970's.

Dear Dad,
Since we can't be together this Father's Day, I wanted to do something special.
So I got to brainstorming.
There are three things about you that I know will never change:
  1. Your love for my sister, my mother, and me.
  2. How you love skiing and your guitars about a fraction less than you love us.
  3. Your particularity of cookies.
My dad loves hard cookies. He just loves them.
Actually, anything that is not burnt is basically considered undercooked for him (I blame it on the fact that we're Italian Americans.)

So even though these cookies aren't hard, I've created a cookie recipe for my dad that could easily be overcooked and still taste great!
This recipe is perfect for making with kids, or your dad who still acts like a kid (like mine. Hence why I named this recipe...)



Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies for Lost Boys.
A perfect mix of what you would expect from an oatmeal cookie and a chocolate chip cookie into one!


What I used:
  • A mixing bowl.
  • Cookie sheets.
  • My hands!
  • A teaspoon and a tablespoon, or if you're fancy, you can use a cookie scoop.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup butter (room temp)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup light brown sugar (lightly packed!)
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 cups quick oats
  • 2 cups chocolate chips
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tbl vanilla
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tbls milk (I used soy milk)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
  2. Cream butter in mixing bowl. Add the rest of those ingredients and mix them up, baby!
  3. Place the dough in the fridge to chill for about a half hour (or however long you can keep yourself from sneaking nibbles of cookie dough, in my case...)
  4. Take a teaspoon to scoop out the dough, and help to shape it with a tablespoon.
  5. Place the shaped cookie dough on the baking sheets.
  6. Bake for 11-13 mins (or 15 if you're like my dad and you like hard cookies.)
  7. Take those babies out to cool.
  8. Eat!

Happy Fathers Day, Dad!
Love,
Connie

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin