Well. I will tell you. I substitute the tahini with cumin!!
And let me also tell you, I don't really miss it.
You also make twice the amount that you would normally buy, only for a fraction of the price!
Great for entertaining on a budget.
Count me in!
Poor Man's Hummus Recipe
- 1 can Chickpeas/garbonzo beans (whatever you call them works for me.)
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- about a cup of water, give or take
- **I also put in a bit of mixed herb goat cheese this time around because I had it in the fridge, but I normally wouldn't add this.
- A teasoon.
- Drain one can of ready to serve chickpeas/garbonzo beans. Put them into your blender.
- Plop 3 to 4 peeled and diced cloves of garlic into the blender, along with cumin, slat, pepper, and enough water for it to blend up. Usually around 1 cup of water, give or take, will do.
- Once it is blended to the consistency you prefer, top it with a dash of cumin and pepper.