By the by, I was inspired by The Dainty Squid's cupcake Tutorial!
Psychedelic Cupcake Tutorial.
- Light colored Cupcake Mix of your choice (I used boxed yellow cake mix because I was in a hurry, but you can use any light colored cake batter of your choice.)
- 1 Measuring Cup
- Food Coloring
- Cupcake liners
- Four bowls (or more)
- Four spoons (or more)
- Cream cheese frosting (like you would want to use another kind anyway...psh.)
- Mix up the ingredients called for to make your cupcake batter.
- With a measuring cup, separate the batter into four bowls (or more, depending on how many colors you want to make.)
- Dye the batter in each bowl a different color with food coloring. There should be a dye chart on the back of your box of dyes, but if not, this chart might help. Also, Krista and I doubled the amount of dye if the color wasn't bright enough.
- Place your cupcake liners into your cupcake pan.
- Place a designated spoon to each batter color, and proceed to add small layers of each colored batter into the cupcake liners until the liner is halfway filled.
- Swirl with a toothpick (optional.)
- Bake. Cool. Frost. Eat.