They seemed to love them, and I hope you will too!
Summer, I'm bringing you in, Pt. V:
Fresh Cherry & Oat Scones
Photo on Photograzing
What I used:
- 2 mixing bowls
- 2 baking sheets
- a wisk, a fork, or whatever you disire for mixing
- Your sweet little hands!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 cup quick oats (Just for a little texture. Also, a bit for sprinkling on top of the scones.)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 3/4 cup milk (I used soymilk.)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh cherries
- 6 tbls chilled butter (Cut into small pieces.)
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients together in one bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Pit cherries, cut into quarters.
- Add cherries to ingredients.
- Add the chilled butter, cut into tiny pieces.
- Knead mixture together with hands, and separate into 9 triangles (or whatever shape you prefer.)
- Place triangles onto your baking sheets with room for them to spread as they bake (I put 5 scones on one baking sheet and 4 on he other and they were fine.)
- Once the oven is preheated, bake the scones for 15 - 20 mins, then add a pinch of oats to the top of the scones.
- Bake for 5 more mins or until you can place a toothpick in those badboys and it comes out without anything wet and icky sticking to it.
- Remove scones from baking sheets to cool.
- Eat up!
Enjoy! Let me know how they come out and what you think of them!
Currently Hearing: Buddy Holly
Currently Sewing: Hanging Shoe Organizer
Currently Loving: Not getting lost.