Friday, October 30, 2009

Tunes for Tykes.

The youngest of the three girls that I care for during daylight hours turned a terrific two years old yesterday. I felt so happy as I watched her smear icecream sundae all over her face, chest, and lap in the scariest place on earth.
I bought her two new Madeline books (I cannot tell you how many times I've read the first in the past two months.), made her a dress, and put together some songs that I thought she might like.
I thought I would share it with you!

Picture from Smile and Wave.


Tunes for Tykes
that Mom and Dad will like..
  1. "The Swimming Song" -- Loudon Wainwright III
  2. "All I Want is You" -- Barry Louis Polisar
  3. "There is a Mountain" -- Donovan
  4. "Three Little Birds" -- Bob Marley
  5. "Yellow Submarine" -- The Beatles
  6. "Vegetables" -- The Beach Boys
  7. "Lollipop" -- The Chordettes
  8. "I should have known better" -- She & Him
  9. "Small Words, Bigger Lessons" -- Polka Dot Dot Dot
  10. "A Tisket, A Tasket" -- Ella Fitzgerald, Chick Webb and his Orchestra
  11. "The Clapping Song (Clap Pat, Clap Slap)" -- Shirley Ellis
  12. "Chewing Gum" -- The Carter Family
  13. "This Land is Your Land" -- Woody Guthrie and Leadbelly
  14. "Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter" -- Herman's Hermits
  15. "All I Have to do is Dream" -- The Everly Brothers
  16. "You Are My Sunshine" -- Paul Curreri and Devon Sproule
  17. "Turn! Turn! Turn!"-- The Byrds
  18. "Ragged Wood" -- Fleet Foxes
  19. "Lynette I Love You" -- Drew Danbury
  20. "Margo, Left in Bed" -- Brown Recluse
  21. "1 2 3 4" -- Feist

All of these songs are fantastic, and I highly suggest looking into more music by these artists!
If any of the musicians listed have any problem with me promoting their music in my list,
please let me know and I would be happy to remove it!
<3

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin