I thought I would share!
What you'll need:
- Felt, or fabric that won't fray (like faux suede)
- Hot glue & hot glue gun
- Needle & thread
- Choose the feathers you would like to lay together on the headband. You're going to want to set them up in size order also, with the largest as the first layer of feathers, gradually introducing the smaller feathers as you go along.
- Cut out two identical pieces of felt. Size will depend on how many feathers you would like on the headband.
- Sew one side of the felt together (I used blanket stitch) and then hot glue the feathers onto the felt (large feathers first, gradually applying smaller feathers on top.) You do not want the felt to show, so take that into consideration while arranging the feathers.
- Sandwich the felt around the headband (feather side on the outside, of course) and proceed to sew the other side of felt together. I also hot glued the felt to the headband for added security.
- You're done! Great job!