Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hey...Do I have lilac in my teeth??


I have two things on my mind this week
  1. Jason's birthday.
  2. Edible flowers.

I found a very helpful Edible Flower Chart that has been guiding me through my journey of alternative eats, and with its help, I've been trying things left and right!

For example: Did you know that tulip petals taste like lettuce?!
Am I the o nly one who is peeved that they didn't know this sooner? Think of all of the red, yellow, and pink pettals I could have been adding to my salads!


And lilac's! They're such a treat!

4 comments:

Tin Marin said...

Thanks for the link, Connie! Guess who else has been eating spring flowers in Wisconsin???? Well I'll just tell you: Our turtles! Mate and Luca are thrilled that they get to eat oodles of dandelions and violets! I eat violets too sometimes when I'm outside...when I was little I remember my Ranger Rick magazine telling me to make violet and cream cheese sandwiches...so naturally, it was done. THANK YOU!

Jen said...

Remember when mom and i would eat nasturtium? you were so grossed out! they are peppery!

chicago teeth cleaning said...

Liked the post very much.Hey cool idea for eating flowers!

Libby said...

Hi Connie,
Hey, great blog and thanks for the Ranger Rick nostalgia! We love our readers and fans, young and old, and we love it when bloggers happen to mention us. We're still at it, cranking out a fine publication, and weathering the storms of the times.

Take a look at our smart new Website, for old time's sake.
www.nwf.org/rangerrick.

Let me know if you'd like to see a few recent issues - free of charge.

Warmest wishes to you,
Libby Schleichert, Sr. Editor
Ranger Rick Magazine
National Wildlife Federation
Reston, Virginia
Email:Schleich@nwf.org

Follow me on Twitter: @epschleichert

Blog Widget by LinkWithin