Friday, April 2, 2010

My first garden.

My mom has always had a talent for gardening. As for me...not so much. In college, I used to kill my plants after about a week of having them. This spring I have felt inspired to really try my hardest to channel my mother's green thumb, and put a lot of effort into gardening.



After Jen and Ryan left yesterday I went out to the backyard with a mission...to clear all of the brush around the house that had accumulated after years and years of being looked past.
Since Jason and I are going to be living here for another year, we have decided to really make this our home until we can afford a 2 bedroom, or until we can buy our own house.
We do have a sweet little nest to live in, and we are lucky enough to have a great backyard...so why not use it to its full potential?

Before:


After:
Growth over night! Amazing!
So far, we've planted Lavender, Catnip, Oregano, Basil, Chives,
Marigolds, and three different kinds of lettuce.

I am going to hate lettuce so much by the end of this summer.
Keep your fingers crossed for sprouts!
Hook a sister up, Demeter!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin