You could do this with a shirt OR a dress, either way it's going to show off the lovely waist that you already have (it's just hiding under your bosom's...I promise.) Basically all you're going to do is make a series of helpful darts!
- a shirt/dress that you would like to fix
- a sewing machine, or a sewing needle
- pins (optional)
- Turn your top inside out. Take note of where your natural waistline is, and place some pins there so you will know where to dart.
- Take off the shirt, and begin to make tiny folds in the fabric. Sew a seam over each fold to keep it in place. These are your darts.
- Make several more darts (folds and seams over the folds.) I made 7, but please feel free to do whatever feels/looks right to you! Also note that I made my darts under my chest, however, you can also do it on the back of the shirt as well. I prefer the darts on the front of the shirt because it's forgiving and more comfortable in the tummy area.