Sunday, November 29, 2009

Classic Christmas Songs.


As I've grown older, I've noticed how the holiday season is just a consumer playground. The bad things about the holidays become more apparent, noted.
As I've grown older, I've also noticed how the holiday season still feels like Flushing on Christmas Eve and sneaking stuffoli when my great grandma's not looking and seeing yourself in the reflection of a mirrored Christmas ornament if you look past all of the bad things about the holidays.
But what also helps to make the holiday season so special, you ask?
I will tell you.
Vintage Christmas music.

I was raised on Phil Spector's Christmas album. And sure, he's kook'd...and yes, he held The Ramones at gunpoint in his home, but normally good ol' Phil sure knows the key to making a good song sound even better. When it comes to his Christmas album, it's apparent that he really knows how to bring us all back to a time when we all felt like this:



Anyway, here are a few of my favorite songs from
A Christmas Gift for You, From Phil Spector:

"Frosty the snowman" -- The Ronettes
"Sleigh Ride" -- The Ronettes
"Christmas (baby please come home)" -- Darlene Love
I hope you like them!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin