Can we just talk about how one of my recipes have been featured on grassroutestravel.com? Yeah! And it was my very first baking recipe that I ever created; a hearty, rustic fresh cherry scone. I feel so very honored for the nod. Thanks for thinking of us, GRT!
You can find the "What to do with Cherries" post: HERE!
You can find the direct link to my cherry and oat scone recipe: HERE!
1. The last movie I saw was Midnight in Paris! Woody Allen's new movie. Jason and I went to see it last night, and I loved it.
2. I want toget my bangs trimmed today. They are driving me absolutely insane!!
3. Surprises are few and far between, but fun! This past week I brought the dinosaur-loving three year old that I watch to the Geology museum downtown. I didn't tell her where we were going, I just wanted to see the look of wonder and surprise when she finally got to see dinosaur fossils.
4. The best accessory isa chunky vintage necklace. I have a few that I will rotate when an outfit needs a little pick me up. It always does the trick!
5. My favorite warm drink is a soy latte. When it's made correctly, you don't even have to add sugar.
6. My favorite cold drink is water. I once read a book as a kid called "The Search for Delicious", about a man who travels the world for the most delicious thing on earth so he could complete it's definition in a dictionary he was writing. It turned out that he discovered that water was the most delicious thing on earth.
7. Currently loving sitting poolside, covered in sunblock, with nothing to do but read. Honestly, there's just about nothing better.
Phew! It's finally cool enough to bake here in Wisconsin! We had quite the hot spell last week, but now all is well! I baked some cookies for my father and Jason's father for Pop's Day, and I just thought I would share it with everyone!
What are you doing for your dad for Father's Day?
Sunflower Seed Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you're in the mood for a cookie that isn't too sweet with a light airy texture...this is the one for you, my friends!
1 cup unsalted butter
2/3 cup natural, creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
2 large egg
1/2 cup soy milk
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
(optional) peanut butter M&M's for topping...only because it's a Father's Day treat.
Preheat oven to 350*F.
Mix wet ingredients into a stand mixer, then proceed to add the dry ingredients. Mix together until blissfully smooth and delectable.
1. This weekend I'm laying low and hopefully going for as many tandem bike rides as possible.
2. My last vacation was probably my trip home to Pennsylvania recently. I guess that would count as a mini vacation.
3. My next vacation will be another mini trip, only to Cleveland this time. I've been to Cleveland four times, three while I was on tour, and once while I was at a greyhound bus station. (Creepy!!) Jason and I are going there for our friend's wedding. Besides the wedding, I'm excited to explore a city with Jason that is mostly unfamiliar to us.
4. My favorite way to relax iswatching hulu with Jason right before bed. Sometimes we'll even get a movie from the library! What a treat!
5. When vacationing one should always pack light. Remember that you are not moving anywhere, so you don't need all of your belongings. Trust me, I've lived out of a messenger bag for three months of my life, and that's even smaller than a backpack!
6. When vacationing one should never see themselves as being invincible, especially in a new place. Be sure to remember that scene in Stand By Me before you jump into that marshy pond. They ended up getting covered in leaches, and it was gross. I always remind myself that being spontaneous is great, but being covered by leaches is not so great.
7. The best part about a vacation is eating different food and seeing different surroundings.
I am going to make more of a conscious effort to blog more...I promise.
Lately I've been spending all of my free time doing wedding planning and reading Girls Like Us. It's an amazing read, and I highly recommend it, and so does Oprah...so that means you would probably love it.
I've been so absent because lately I've been feeling like I've had nothing creative to share with anyone, because I haven't been doing anything creative lately. It's been making me so jealous of everyone in the universe who is doing anything creative. Not healthy! I guess I'm finally realizing that I need to let go. Our wedding is not going to be on Ruffled of Green Wedding Shoes, because I don't have a stylist or wedding planner, and I refuse to allow myself to go insane over cupcakes and centerpieces. I quite simply refuse!
I think I just need to be better about asking for help. But guess what...that takes even more planning!
It's a vicious cycle.
It's my birthday today. I'm getting much pleasure out of the fact that I have an excuse to draw whiskers on all of my friends faces tonight, and my cat party.
1. I love playing music because I can carry a tune and play any song I choose. I've stopped playing out in the past few months because I just didn't enjoy playing by myself anymore, and Madison's music scene isn't the easiest place for a singer/songwriter to play. I don't think that my music will be my legacy, but sometimes it's nice to think that it might be.
2. A time that mama knew best waswhen she would tell me and my sister to not waste our time with fair-weather friends. Mothers teach their children how to be good friends, but most importantly, how to choose quality friends.
3. My first kiss went a little like this ...it was the spring of my 9th grade year, outside of the school bus after school. With my first steady boyfriend. It was raining!
4. My celebrity crush isprobably John Cusak or Ryan Gosling. I don't really have a type of guy that I really typically like since personality is the most important thing I look for in a compatible partner. I always respect the roles they play as actors though, and I find that endearing. Especially Grace is Gone...gosh, I cried the whole time.
5. My splurge of choice is anything vintage. If I find a great deal on something old and lovely, I will snatch it up in an instant.
6. My biggest accomplishment is following my gut. It's lead me into every good decision I've made in life, among others.
7. My dance jam of choice is "Just a Friend" by Biz Markie. Definitely.