Sunday, December 13, 2009

Childhood Playlist.

I can't think of any event during my childhood without linking them to The Stones, The Beach Boys, Ray Charles, Patsy Cline, The Supremes, or the like.
Like Belen, I have decided that making a childhood playlist sounded like a lot of fun.
Play along if you choose to!


What's your childhood playlist?
List around 5 songs that captures your childhood memories.
Feel free to provide video/audio.
Put me in your kiddy shoes. :)



"Got My Mind Set On You" -- George Harrison.
This music video is my first vivid memory.


One of my strongest memories as a kid was listening to my dad play his guitar on our porch. He always played "Anna (Go With Him)" by the Beatles for my sister and I, kind of like how this dad is playing for his little ones. I love this video because of that.


"Buffalo Soldier" -by Bob Marley
Summertime roadtrip music.
Driving up and down the coast and sleeping in our van music.


"Don't Be Cruel" by Elvis Presley
I always pictured the muppet chickens singing the backround vocals. Can't you picture it?



And of course, the best for last...

The Abbey Road Medley by the Beatles was on a mixtape my dad my made for my mom which was on constant rotation in her car for almost a year straight at some point while I was in between 2nd and 3rd grade. I can't express how thankful I am now that my parents pushed the fruits and veggies of modern music on my sister and myself so much.
I really don't think I would be the same person today if I hadn't been exposed to it so early.
Thanks Ma and Pop!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin