Sunday, December 20, 2009

Epic Christmas Mix.

I'm leaving for my childhood home on Tuesday where we do not have cable or even the internet anymore, because my mom is the kind of mom who would rather get dirty from gardening than watch the Home and Garden Network.
While I'm in Pennsylvania I'm planning on:
  • skiing with my dad
  • laughing with my sister
  • cooking and baking with my mom
  • having a cuddle-puddle or two with heavily tattooed friends from high school
  • hopefully seeing some friends from college if I can use a car
  • talking to Jason on the phone
  • hearing the festive sound of my sister and dad bickering over Christmas dinner
  • being car-less
  • maybe being genuinely bored at times.
Because of this, I am trying to wrap up everything I need to before I leave for the east coast and the pine-laden mountains where I hail from.



So anyway, here is what you've been waiting for!
Epic Christmas Mix


  1. "Santa Claus is coming to town" -- Bruce Springsteen
  2. "Little Saint Nick" -- The Beach Boys
  3. "Winter Wonderland" -- Darlene Love
  4. "Someday at Christmas" -- Stevie Wonder
  5. "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire" -- The Miracles
  6. "Sleigh Ride" -- The Ronnettes
  7. "Merry Christmas Baby" -- Otis Redding
  8. "Frosty the Snowman" -- Fiona Apple
  9. "Snow" -- Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney, and Vera Ellen
  10. "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" -- Thurl Ravenscroft
  11. "Baby, it's Cold Outside" -- Leon Redbone and Zooey Deschanel
  12. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" -- Judy Garland
  13. "Little Drummer Boy" -- Johnny Cash
  14. "Angels We Have Heard on High" -- Sufjan Stevens
  15. "Away in a Manger" -- Oh, Starling
  16. "Kiss Me on Christmas" -- The Canon Logic
  17. "Christmas Wrapping" -- The Waitresses
  18. "Happy Christmas (War is Over)" -- John Lennon and Yoko Ono

1 comment:

Tia Colleen said...

Sometimes I feel like I would do anything for an escape without internet or tv.

I hope you take a million pictures, because I'd love to compare your reality to my dreams.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin