Tuesday, August 10, 2010

DIY Coaster Tutorial

I love pretty paper, especially wrapping paper. That's why I always save the ones I really love.
This DIY Coaster Tutorial is a great way to use that beautiful paper that you can't bare to part with!
And it's simple!
(I made these coasters while I was talking to my sister on the phone about how her creepy landlord keeps asking her out on dates. Eeek!!)


DIY Coaster Tutorial

Materials:
  • Mod Podge
  • Paint brush
  • Old coasters or tiles.
  • Scissors
  • Paper (scrapbooking paper, wrapping paper, a picture from a book, etc.. just don't use a picture you've printed out...the colors will run.)
  • Pencil
Directions:
  1. Trace the shape of the tile onto your desired paper with a pencil, then cut.
  2. Lightly coat the tile with Mod Podge, place the paper onto the tile, and press out all of the bubbles.
  3. Paint another coat of Mod Podge on top of the picture. Let dry for 20 mins.
  4. Apply another coat of Mod Podge. (You can also use Resin for the top layer, but it's a pain in the butt, and it also smells like butt.)
  5. Allow your coaster to dry for 24 hours. (I put mine under a colander so my cats/dust/whatever couldn't get to it.) Please keep in mind that it takes about a month for Mod Podge to completely dry, so don't but anything hot onto your coaster for FOUR WEEKS!





As always, Willie and Humphrey felt that they needed to help me.
(God knows, my cats love their fish.)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin