Friday, August 27, 2010

Flashback Friday -- Traveling Days.


After I flew to Florida with my sister earlier this month, we parted ways and I flew back to Wisconsin by myself.
It made me miss my days of traveling.
2008 and 2009 were my years of great travel.  I went everywhere in the country on a whim, excluding 9 states (9, including Alaska and Hawaii.)  I played music in crazy towns in the rocky mountains, flew to Seattle, El Paso, Philly,  bussed from Montana to Pennsylvania, and I drove from Pennsylvania to Madison all by myself (and my sewing machine, musical instruments, and books.)  Being in the air by myself again made me yearn for my wild life.

Looking back on in now, I see how spontaneous and dangerous a lot of the things I was doing really were, but at the same time, I long for the danger and excitement of not knowing where I'm going to be sleeping that night, or if I would even be sleeping at all.  The majority of my traveling at that time was for emotional healing and patching my heart, and I don't think I was thinking about what I was doing because I was just looking for my next answer hidden in an adventure.
I'm so much happier and calm now that I live in Madison with Jason and our cats, and certainly I wouldn't trade it in for my wild, unexpected lifestyle.  I guess I just crave the freedom I used to have of not belonging anywhere, and living off the grid.
Maybe I should just go camping!  HA!




1 comment:

Tia Colleen said...

This post made me feel young again.

Not that I'm old, but-

Ok I'm old.

Not really old, but- older.

Also, I should go camping too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin