Saturday, August 21, 2010

Natural Woman, Day 3 and 4

Day 3:
I didn't use any Apple Cider Vinegar today, and my hair is still pretty gnarly.  My scalp feels okay, but my longer hair feels so heavy.  It just kind of seems to dry in chunks after I brush it.   Tomorrow I am certainly using more than just 1 tsp. baking soda.  Ick.



Day 4:
Today I used three tsps. of baking soda and about four teaspoons of water to make a watery paste.  I put it in a small squeeze bottle and applied it to dry hair instead of wet hair (like I had been doing previously) and put it all over my hair to clean all of the dirt that had accumulated the past few days.  My goal is to get back down to 1 tsp of baking soda once my hair has transitioned, but I think I'm just going to have to slowly decrease the amount of baking soda I use so I don't have to feel gross in the meantime.
I also used the Apple Cider Vinegar again today, with 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract added to it.  I thought it might leave me hair with some sort of sweet smell, but it didn't.  I'm thinking of adding some lavender oil once my hair has finally adjusted.

Oh!  Also!  My hair feels so much softer today that it EVER did when I used shampoo.  
Yeah, you know.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin