Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Natural Woman, Day 5, 6, and 7

Well, this is the last time I'm going to blog about my hair for a while.  At least a month or two.
 
My advice for future Shampoo Quitters:
  1. Don't be afraid to use a decent amount of baking soda at first and then gradually decreasing the amount you use.  (I tried using 1 tsp right off the bat, and I looked like Ponyboy Curtis.  However, you still might want to try using 1 tsp the first day to see how your hair reacts to it.)
  2. I have found that making a baking soda/water paste works best for applying to my hair.
  3. Don't be grossed out by not washing your hair everyday.  It's good for your hair, and for adjusting you hair to the "no poo" process.




 Day 5, 6, & 7: 
Noteworthy Notes:  Since I've increased the amount of baking soda I've been using, my hair has been looking and feeling a lot better.  Truly.  My highlights (courtesy the overbearing Florida sunshine) are poppin'. 

1 comment:

harold hollingsworth said...

thanks for the baking soda idea, been trying some things out and that could be the trick!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin